"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Too Fast

'Almost better then Disneyland.  Relaxing at Laguna Beach with no crowds.  The sound of the waves is simply theraputic! :)''I love holding his little baby hands.  He's getting big too fast.'


'Mr.  Independent likes to put his own pants on.  I didn't notice this until we were heading home from the store. Lol #bigboy'

I don't know if it's because he's my last but I am already mourning this little guy being not so little anymore.  He is such a sweet, bright light in my life.  Part of that is his sweet spirit and disposition and part of that is his age.  He is at that wonderful age where he is getting big and saying so many funny things and yet he is still like a baby to me.  His hands, his nose, his cheeks...I can't get enough! They are all still so small.  I want to squeeze and cuddle him all day.
Sometimes I look at him and feel sad that he's getting so big.  It's happening to fast.  He is my youngest and will always be my baby boy. 
I'm just feeling grateful for him and this stage in life.  I know I sometimes wish it away too fast.  I just need to slow down.  On my friends blog she asked, "Why are we in such a hurry?"  That is a really good question.
Enjoy the Journey!





1 comment:

Melissa said...

That family picture cracks me up man. So genuine. I love it.
I'm certainly not in a hurry that's for sure. I can't even handle my kids losing teeth, let alone growing up. I'm all for the moment. I'll never wish away my kids being older, what a waste.
I've wished days away, moments away..............but not my kids getting older away I don't think.............mind you I have a mind that's not really there any more, so I could be full of it.