"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Testimonies

Today is fast Sunday and I really enjoyed the testimonies in sacrament meeting.  Every testimony was right on for me.  Someone talked about the importance and blessings of prophets, others talked about trials, feeling supported through them and the growth that comes from them.  Others talked about the companionship of the Holy Ghost.  Someone else spoke about exercising our faith.  He talked about when exercising our faith in a principle we may not understand, or maybe struggle with, our faith will be strengthened and we will gain knowledge.

The spirit was strong and I felt grateful for these people I'm surrounded by in my ward.  It's really a blessing being a part of a ward family.  

Watching the people around me step up and serve and support others in the ward and beyond is humbling.  The past while I've been noticing little, quiet service that goes on around me.  I noticed a sister in Relief Society getting up and moving her chair to sit next to a sister in the back, who is in a wheelchair, who had been wheeled in late by her husband.  When our compassionate service leader sends out an email requesting meals it's filled out in record time. It's amazing the Christlike charity I see around me. Great examples to follow and put into action.  I could definitely be doing more and will try harder to be like the wonderful people around me.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It really was great. I love our ward.