"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Baby

I was looking at Kellen sleeping today.  He is just beautiful and I never tire of looking at him.  One thing I noticed, that you can't see in this picture, was his arms.  They aren't looking like little baby arms anymore.  They looked longer and thinner.  They looked like bigger boy arms that come as they grow out of that baby-ness. How did that happen?  Suddenly they aren't babies anymore.  Next year he'll be 5!  That may not seem old but when I think of him I still think of a little 2 year old running around.  He's growing and changing.  I love to see it but it also makes my mama heart a little sad.  I think no matter how big he gets he'll always be my baby.  I'll probably hold and cradle him when he's a teenager calling him my little squish and my baby.  A weird image I know. ;)  I'd like to know from more seasoned parents whose babies are grown, do they still look at them as their babies?  I imagine they probably do. :)


No comments: