"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Monday, April 13, 2015

Health

Do you ever feel like you take your health for granted?   I know I do especially recently!   I don't realize, until I'm sick, how much I take my health for granted.   For the most part I'm usually pretty healthy.   I can get a cold every now and again, no big deal.
About a month and a half ago I started getting a daily headache.   I took pain medicine for about a week then stopped because I felt like I needed a break from it.   The headache wasn't always responding to it either.

More time passed and the headache was there everyday with no relief.   It would sometimes keep me up at night too so I was tired from lack of sleep.   It was taking its toll emotionally and physically.

I started to feel concerned about it and went to see my doctor.   He started me on some medicine and it's helped.   But,  there still seems to be something off.  Hopefully we'll get it all figured out.

Recently I feel I can empathize, to some degree, with people who suffer from chronic pain.   How do they stay positive?  I can't believe how much it emotionally affects you.   These past few months have definitely been hard not only physically but emotionally.   Many days all I've wanted to do was lay in bed.  Some days I have because of the headaches.   Doing the bear minimum has been hard.
Let's hope things will get figured out and there will be healthy and brighter days ahead.

3 comments:

with Mari van Ormer said...

I am sorry for the pain you have felt. I think we are getting old. Seriously, just trying to keep the body in one piece takes a great exhausting effort! I hope that someone can help you find answers to what is ailing you. Chronic headaches that keep you up at night are not something you want to deal with forever, and is not something normal you should just deal with without help. I know even back around Christmas you were troubled with a headache. We will pray for you at the van Ormer house. I hope that you can find answers. It is OK to stay in bed if that is the pain you are in. After my leg recovers then bring Kellen/kids over so you can relax or go to the doctor, or whatever you need/want to do. Chronic pain is hard to smile through, that's for sure, especially when it's your head that hurts. :( You are loved.

Melissa said...

Gosh what a nice comment from Mari. I can't top that but I'll help if/when you need it. Sorry Rachelle.

adventuresofthecrazies said...

Recurring migraines are not my friend. It is funny you cant stop, mommies just keep going. I wish i could do more for you alas, I am barely keeping my head above water! i love that you think of me