"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Friday, August 21, 2015

Father's Blessing


Last night Tyson gave Father's blessings to all the boys.  It's a tradition that we do before a new school year.  It's a tradition in a lot of LDS households I'm sure.  I love it!  Last night was especially wonderful.
Sometimes these types of things can be pretty chaotic in our house.  However, last night was different.  The boys were reverent for the most part.  That is a miracle in our house.  Having 4 boys, a few being young, it can be hard to have a quiet moment.
I decided to jot down some notes while Tyson gave the blessings.  Typically I only remember one or two things from a blessing but with the notes we are able to remember many things.
Here are some things from each of the boys blessings.  They were all so good and certainly inspired.

Kellen-(He may not be going to school but we thought a blessing for him would be nice too.)
  • Blessed to be named after a great man, his grandpa Glen.
  • Discover the world around him.
  • Continue to bring joy and happiness to his family.
Ian-
  • Blessed with and interest and joy for learning.
  • Excel as he works hard.
  • Be a light.
  • Talents and abilities will shine and touch the lives of others.
Kaleb-
  • Feel the joy and privilege of learning.
  • Understand and retain knowledge.
  • Be with those who lift you up.
  • Lift up those around you.
  • Make scriptures a priority.
Matt-
  •  Heavenly Father is confident in your abilities.
  • Don't go to the world but Heavenly Father for your self-worth.
  • Pray everyday and learn from the scriptures.
  • You will be successful and happy with school as you try.
  • Enjoy the wonderful people in your path.  They have many things to teach you. 
As I said in my last letter it had been an emotional day for me.  Because of this I asked Tyson to give me a blessing also.  It was wonderful.  All the boys were there and continued to be reverent, a true record for us! :) Matt grabbed my paper and pen and said he would take notes.  I would never have thought of notes for my own blessing and was pleased with that idea.  It was a special blessing and much needed.

Afterward Matt handed me the notes.  They brought tears to my eyes.  I hugged him and thanked him as I cried.  Matt has not been the best note taker in the past.  That's something that he struggled with in school.  But, these notes were awesome.  He captured all the important points that I'd want to remember.  I was so grateful!  I scanned it so I could always have it and the original copy will be in my journal.




It was a perfect end to an emotional day.  I could literally feel the weight lifted from my shoulders.  It was a tender mercy for me and my family.

Love Always,
Rachelle





No comments: