"A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory."
- Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander

Friday, August 21, 2015


The past little while has been hard for me.  I've been in a funk for quite a while actually.  Yesterday everything came to the surface.  As a result I made some much needed changes, one being a break from Facebook.  I love and hate social media.  It has such a pull on me that I don't like.  I deactivated my account yesterday and feel much better about that.  I won't be forever gone from facebook but these breaks are sometimes needed.(Be aware of social media.  It has its positive attributes but always remember the time put into real relationships, the people you see everyday, are the most important.)

I also had a good cry.  A good cry is never a bad thing as long as it's not everyday. :)  Everything I had been holding inside spilled over the edge with my tears.  Tyson listened while everything tumbled out.  It was such a relief and also exhausting, as crying can be.

This rut I've been in has been hard to get out of.  As time went on it just seemed to get worse as things were compounded.  But yesterday, after talking to Tyson and sharing the pain and hurt in my heart, it was different.  I felt like I was finally climbing up over the edge of a huge rut.

I have the confidence that as I continue with the changes I need to make, things will get better.  There are some things out of my control but I can control how I respond to them and stay away from things that I know will only hurt my heart.

The most important thing is lots and lots of prayer.  I have no doubt the Lord will help me because he is always there waiting.  What a blessing that is.

Love Always,
Rachelle


No comments: